From: Dave Harris (brangdon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-05 08:18:05

martin.bonner_at_[hidden] (Martin Bonner) wrote (abridged):
> As used by the British royal family, "one" is a first person singular
> pronoun.

It's also worth considering "you", as second person singular (or plural):

    This means for example that you can completely discard Bind if
    you do not need it.

Whether "you" works in this situation depends on whether the context makes
it clear that "you", the reader of the documentation, is the tool's user
rather than the tool's author.

Personally I don't have a problem with "she". It only seems strange
because it is unusual. If we use it more it won't be so unusual.

-- Dave Harris, Nottingham, UK.