From: Steinar Bang (sb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-05 16:54:53

> (Secretly), I'd like to see some kind of Fresco re-birth through a
> Boost-GUI, but then maybe I'm still dreaming.

One of my "perhaps-hobby-to-be-should-I-get-any-free-time" ideas I've
been playing with in my mind, have been to find the latest, and newest
version of Fresco's predecessor InterViews (I'd start with ivtools)
and then apply the "grandfather's knife principle"(*) to it.

Ie. change it piece by piece to use standard C++ constructs where
applicable, and boost constructs where they are applicable. But do
the change gradually so that I've always have some compilable, working
code.

It's a neat design. The latest incarnations of InterViews are Fresco
without the CORBA (...well, and parts are non-glyph-based stuff that
is interesting as well, such as Unidraw).

- Steinar (with no free time)

(*) Behold my grandfather's knife! I've changed the handle, and I've
    changed the blade. Good as new!