From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-05 22:28:40

brangdon_at_[hidden] (Dave Harris) writes:

> dave_at_[hidden] (David Abrahams) wrote (abridged):
>> Angus' version is better.
>>
>> This means that if Bind is unneeded the user can discard it
>> completely.
>>
>> Of course, "this" needs an antecedent :)
>>

>> For example, if Bind is unneeded the user can discard it
>> completely.
>>
>> is much more to the point.
>
> But "is unneeded" again fails to say who doesn't need it, and hence fails
> to say why it isn't needed.

I don't see how saying who doesn't need it would indicate anything
about why it isn't needed.

> It's vague.

Very slightly, but then the original statement is vague. What kind of
"discarding" are we talking about, anyway? If the user doesn't need
Bind he... doesn't have to use it. What is there to discard?

> I think clarity and precision are more important than good grammar
> or political correctness.

Agree.

--
Dave Abrahams