From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-09 05:39:38

On 11/8/05, Daryle Walker <darylew_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Why would we use a back end? Why bother making a Boost XML library if
> we're
> just going to make a wrapper that punts to a XML-specific open-source
> library? If we're not going to just mirror the back end, then we going to
> have to configure translations between our C++ front end and the back end,
> which could include allocations.

I haven't seen an answer to your questions, but I should pose the same ones.

I thought a boost wrapper should only be used for system libraries but not
for thinks like libxml2
Personally, I strongly dislike the wrapper for thinks like libxml2. I think
it devalues what boost is about !

The only argument I've seen for not writing the back end is that is a lot of
additional work