From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-10 15:36:50

David Abrahams wrote:

>># include <basetsd.h>
> ^^^^^^^^^

this header (as the only one #included here) belongs to Platform SDK. It
should be in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\include" . It
certainly belongs to Microsoft Windows Core SDK - April 2005 edition.
Could you pls. check this on your computer? If you have this file, did
you added the directory to INCLUDE? To which one? If you have VC80_ROOT
set, you also need to have VS80COMNTOOLS set, as it is used by
%VC80_ROOT%\vcvarsall.bat , and the Platform SDK\include directory
should be *manually* added to %VS80COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat If you have
MSVCDir set, then you just need to have this directory in your INCLUDE .

> Unfortunately the line above is causing this to break with Visual
> Studio 8 Express edition. That header doesn't exist after installing
> the Core Windows part of the PSDK.

I tested it on Visual C++ 2005 Express with Platform SDK April 2005
edition.

> How did you come up with this list?

I called vc8 compiler with /P option on libs\python\src\numeric.cpp to
see preprocessor output. I also added #error directive in
boost\python\detail\wrap_python.hpp just after # define _DEBUG to cut
irrelevant output. Then I filtered all headers ("#line 1" in
preprocessor output) that are not from boost nor python.

B.