From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-10 23:28:07

Janusz Piwowarski wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>>Thanks... Tried it but unfortunately it seems the version of Apache
>>that SF uses doesn't understand the Expires* directives.
>
> It requires mod_expires enabled.

Yes, and it's not loaded on the SF config.

> But if SF supports PHP, you can use script
> below:
[...]
> $fp = fopen($QUERY_STRING, "rb");

1. I can't in my conscience consider that a solution given the inherent
insecurities of having a php script that allow access to *any* world
readable file in the file system.

> You can see it works at http://bielsko-biala.org/boost

2. It doesn't work for me with IE6. I still see the load flicker.

At this point I just don't think it's worth it to obfuscate to
accommodate such an inferior product as IE<=6 is. It's not worth anyones
time to spend on it. I think that if IE users are sufficiently bothered
by such things as flicker they should either upgrade to another browser,
or wait until the IE7 upgrade is available.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything