From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-14 06:49:02

Hello,

Some months ago I prompted for interest in a new type of indices
for Boost.MultiIndex featuring random access facilities, and received
a couple of expressions of itnerest. The preliminary specification was
published at:

http://195.235.93.150/rnd_indices_spec.html

I've just uploaded a preview version of random access indices at

FileVault -> Containers
(http://tinyurl.com/9zlmj)

This preview follows the previous specification save for one point:
reserve/capacity is provided for control of an internal array of
pointers
to the nodes, as explained in
http://195.235.93.150/rnd_indices_spec.html#interface.

There's no docs yet on this type of indices, but the usage should be
straightforward from the preliminay specification notes. Random access
indices act as a functional drop-in replacement of sequenced indices, so

you can start playing with them very easily. My requests:

* Do you find these indices worth including in Boost.MultiIndex?
* If so, do you have comments on the specification? Things you'd
change/add? There's a list of concrete issues at the end of the
specification page,
* Do you envision any interesting use case for random access indices?
Have you experimented with them?

Thank you very much for your feddback,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo