From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-14 10:18:21

Hi Andrew,

> I just upgraded to the latest .zip file from John's web site. Now I
> can't seem to link. It can't find add_appender. This code built
> previously. Any idea what's going on? Am I not building the logging
> library correctly? I just cd to boot_root\libs\log\build, call
> "vcvars32.bat", then "bjam". It seems to build.
>
> If this line is uncommented:
> manipulate_logs("*").add_appender(write_to_cout);

This is very strange. I tried it myself again, and the programs build
without error.

Perhaps you're still linking against the old version of the Log.lib.

If you're using VC7.1, I assume you should go to:
Project/Properties.
In the Linker tab, update the "Additional Library Directories".

Anyway, I've posted a new version - so please try get that. If it still
doesn't work, please send me the code privately : john at torjo dot com

Best,
John

--
John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all