From: bwood (brass_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-20 17:26:41

This is a MIME encoded message.

--=_10146818e627dad752c5fee2250f0025

Matthias Troyer wrote:

>> i) somehow I doubt that this archive type has been tested with all
>> the serialization test suite. Instructions for doing so are in the
>> documenation and the serialization/test directory includes batch
files
>> for doing this with one's own archives. Was this done? What where
>> the
>> results? With which compiler? It costs nothing to do this.
>

>Just ask if you had a doubt. The short answer is "I have done this".
>After adding the fast array serialization to the binary and
>polymorphic archives, I ran all your regression tests, without any
>problem (using gcc 4 under MacOS X).

Have you done this with vector also? I would be surprised
if you have. It seems to me there is a standards issue to
be addressed in this area. It is no problem to send the
data in a vector of int as a unit, but I don't know of a
way to add/receive the data into a vector correctly. It is
possible to stuff the data into the correct place, but the
vector's internal state/size does not get set properly since
you didn't call push_back or some other method to get the
data into place. Adding something like push_n_back to vector
might help when it comes this.

Brian
www.webEbenezer.net

--=_10146818e627dad752c5fee2250f0025--