From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-21 15:45:52

Thorsten Ottosen <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Does somebody know why it so ****** difficult for me to post
> messages on this list. It makes it really hard to discuss anything
> on this list if I have to use the web interface.
>
> I have signed up two mail accounts:
>
> nesotto_at_[hidden]
> thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]
>
> I'm positive I have received "Welcome" mails from boost-request. But I still
> can't post!!!

You sign up at lists.boost.org, then you get a confirmation email,
then you answer that, then you get a welcome message. Thereafter your
posting's From: address needs to be the address you've signed up with.
You can post to the mailing list or to the gmane newsgroup at that
point, but your first posting to the gmane newsgroup will require
another round of confirmation for GMane's own purposes.

If you've executed every one of these steps, then it should work, and
if it isn't working, I have nothing more I can tell you.

Currently the following addresses are subscribed, apparently for you:

         nesotto-at-cs.aau.dk
        nesotto-at-cs.auc.dk
  * thorsten.ottosen-at-dezide.com
  * thote-at-wmdata.com
        tottosen-at-dezide.com

The ones with *s on them are still moderated, meaning that you've
never posted from those addresses.

> Has it to do with my smtp server? Can I only use a certain smtp-server?

Whatever it is, it's probably on your end.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting