From: Matthew Vogt (mattvogt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-25 06:17:37

David Abrahams wrote:

> Furthermore, Doug Gregor has designed and implemented (in GCC) a core
> language extension idea we had in Mont Tremblant that allows us to
> enumerate all the members of a class. We plan to propose that for
> standardization. We'd like to see a design that can immediately take
> advantage of such a feature when/if it becomes available.

This is interesting, can you give a link to any description of this extension?
Is it for accessing data members only, or for introspection more generally?

I think the fact that the serialization library defines a standardised method of
processing an object by memberwise decomposition, has led to some confusion of
purposes. General access to introspection facilities would facilitate other
uses of serialization and permit the serialization library to focus more
directly on its goals.

Matt