From: Ian McCulloch (ianmcc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-28 01:32:39

Hi Robert,

Robert Ramey wrote:

[...]

> So the net effect is
>
> Everyone who want's to wrap his "arrays" in boost::serialization::array is
> free to do
> so. Archive classes which don't have special code for such arrays just
> pass it to
> the library by default which eventually resolves to an item by item
> serialization.
>
> Archives which have facilities suitable for handling arrays in a special
> way can overload save_override(boost::serialization::array ... and do
> thier thing.
>
> No currently existing archives need be changed.

I like this a lot! Of course there are details to work out, but as far as I
can tell everything that has been mentioned as a possible array-aware
archive is possible within this framework. I will leave those details for
Dave and Matthias, who I expect will also be excited about this
development.

Best regards,
Ian