From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-28 09:32:45

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:00:47 +0200, Roman Yakovenko wrote
> > I'll turn it around the other way. Most instances of
> > microsecond_clock never
> > care about the a time_zone to adjust the time. So there is
> > no reason to drag
> > in that dependency. But, in fact, the overloading I pointed
> > out above:
> >
> > template<class time_type>
> > class microsecond_clock {
> > template<class time_zone_type>
> > static time_type local_time(shared_ptr<time_zone_type> tz_ptr);
> >
> > enables the microsecond clock to use a time zone. When using a
> > local_date_time type the timezone is required. So it's true,
> > you'll get a
> > compile error if you try to call the other overloadings with a
> > local_date_time, but that's the intent.
>
> "... practicality beats purity"
>
> It would be nice to have small comment within source
> code or reference to documentation that explains why
> this is intent and\or work around to the problem.

I agree -- will add to the ever deeping todo list :-)

> > Jeff
>
> Thanks for help

Sure, thx for the comments. local_date_time is a new addition and hasn't
received much use yet, so I'm expecting there to be a few issues with the docs
and possibly even a few features missing...

Jeff