From: MB (mb2act_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-30 20:24:26

Hi,

Mr.Dimov wrote at http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2005/03/10349.php
>Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and start putting overloads
>in std instead one day.

I've fallen into the same situation.
As I'm afraid of opening namespaces like 'ATL',
the customization way is missing.

>>Question4:
>> This technique that triggers intentional ADL is famous?
>> What do they call? Who is the inventor?
>> Should I call "Ramey Lookup"?
>
> I think I may have invented the technique you're showing.

I call it "Abrahams Lookup" :-)

I thought the combination of your Lookup and Ramey Trick could
workaround broken compilers without users' burden.
But Boost.Range has metafunctions that require 'class template partial specialization'.
I have missed the point.
I admit that the combination is not generalized enough to bear with the extra parameter.

Regards,
MB
http://p-stade.sourceforge.net/