From: MB (mb2act_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-01 08:53:42

David Abrahams wrote:

>>>I think I may have invented the technique you're showing.
>>
>>I call it "Abrahams Lookup" :-)
>

> It's not original enough to warrant putting my name on it, and it
> isn't good enough for me to be proud of. So maybe "MB Lookup?"

I'm proud...

>>I thought the combination of your Lookup and Ramey Trick could
>>workaround broken compilers without users' burden.
>>But Boost.Range has metafunctions that require 'class template partial specialization'.
>>I have missed the point.
>>I admit that the combination is not generalized enough to bear with the extra parameter.
>

> You might see also
>
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2005/03/83124.php

I am maybe a culprit that cares portability too much.
My idea came from the complaint that it was difficult
to customize types for Range in the case of broken compilers.

I want to port some algorithms of range_ex to broken compilers.
When I do, I will use 'my' Lookup and Ramey Trick.

Regards,
MB
http://p-stade.sourceforge.net/