From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-07 10:01:57

Hi.
There's a shared_ptr constructor that accepts an auto_ptr<Y>&. Shouldn't
it accept auto_ptr<Y> by value rather by non-const reference? It seems
to me that the reference does not add anything, but only causes a VC
warning (level 4):

---
warning C4239: nonstandard extension used : 'argument' : conversion from
'std::auto_ptr<_Ty>' to 'std::auto_ptr<_Ty> &'
A reference that is not to 'const' cannot be bound to a non-lvalue
---
when calling this constructor with a temporary auto_ptr.
This warning is a good thing and I don't want to disable it.
Thanks,
Yuval