From: Frank Laub (frank.laub_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-09 00:49:32

> Very nice looking library =)

Thanks!

One addition I'd like to see would be a BOOST_ENUM_MASKS or similar:

> BOOST_ENUM_MASKS( orders,
> (can_move)
> (can_patrol)
> (can_fire)
> )

I really like this idea. Want to help me implement it? Sounds like we need a
bunch of operator overloads to make it all go. I've always wanted this sort
of thing too.

I'm not sure if a _COMMENTS version would be all that useful nor a
> _VALUES one.

I'm now thinking of just having something else called a BOOST_STRINGTABLE, a
convienent way to get at a bunch of strings without needing an external
resource file/compiler.

I'm also not sure whether the '|' character should be
> configurable. I'll stop thinking now before I come up with an
> enum_mask_iterator idea and make this far too complicated :P

Hehe, it's sometimes hard to resist the urge to over-engineer, especially as
a library developer eh? Although I am intriged about this iterator idea.

-Frank