From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-11 17:44:37

"Howard Hinnant" <hinnant_at_[hidden]> wrote

> template <class Operation, class T = typename
> Metrowerks::remove_reference<Operation>::type::first_argument_type>
> class binder1st ...
>
> It is wrapped in:
>
> #ifdef _MSL_EXTENDED_BINDERS
>
> with the standard version in the #else. _MSL_EXTENDED_BINDERS is
> defined by default in <mslconfig> which every CodeWarrior std C++
> header includes.
>
> The intent was to create a binder1st that could hold the operation by
> reference if desired in order to avoid copies of expense-to-copy
> predicates (such as those holding a container to compare to).
> tr1::ref is probably a better solution to that problem, as is
> tr1::bind. Consider this a failed experiment on my part.

Thanks a lot for this information. Although failed the experiment might be,
I'll have to find a workaround for this... I assume if I supply the second
argument, it should be fine:

typedef binder1st<int, int> type;

(I will know once the next regression runs)

Regards,
Arkadiy