From: dirk (a.griffioen4_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-12 19:57:28

I vote YES!

It's the best C++ network library available today (ACE without the
'hurt' - I must agree there :-) )

Not only it just works, but it is also very extensible:
- multicast was added in march/april (thanks Chris!)
- ssl was added (and donated back) in august/september (thanks Indrek!)
Both additions went very wel.

I've used ASIO in 2 production running projects this year: multicast &
finance and a voip app where ASIO handles (secure) Jabber and a high
volume proxy-server.

The examples are good: copy them and you're off.

Documenation is a little cryptic - but maybe that's doxygen for you :)

I don't know if this is the formal review expected, no network lib comes
close - I feel it fits very well into Boost.

Dirk