From: christopher baus (christopher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 18:20:03

I'm working on my review and I want to make sure I am using the correct
terminology.

There two sorts of asynchronous calls that can be made.

The first is a "operation" which results in one trip through the
dispatcher. For instance asio::socket_stream::write_some(). Internally
these are stored in operation classes, hence the terminology.

The second I'm calling a "request" which results in one or more
"operations" to occur before the user handler is dispatched. For instance
asio::async_write() calls asio::stream_socket::write_some() one or more
times.

Does that sound right?