From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-18 11:28:04

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> This update includes my first steps in new areas of interaction based
> testing. One important branch is automated exception safety testing. This
> scheme was originally used by Dave A. in his work for STLPort testing. And
> also there was some variation covered in April 2001 CUJ.

Hi,

I'm trying to change some of my tests to use this, but I'm having a few
problems, so I've got a few requests. Sorry if you already do some of these.

It would be good to able to use my own exception types instead of
Boost.Test's private exception type. You could possibly write a version
of BOOST_ITEST_EPOINT which lets the user specify their own exception
type, and some kind of mechanism to specify which exceptions are allowed
seems essential.

It would also be very useful to be able to tell where an exception was
thrown from. Since you're already tracking scopes, maybe there could be
a way of telling if it was in a specific scope?

My tests store some data in globals (in anonymous namespaces), and these
are causing the memory leak detector to complain. So can I turn it off?
I'm using a custom allocator which detect leaks anyway, so I don't need it.

BOOST_CHECK now seems to throw an exception, but I've been using it in
destructors. So is this really needed? If it is, can you make the
exception type public so I can treat it differently to other exception
types.

Also, exception_safety.hpp should include <boost/bind.hpp>.

Daniel