From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-20 16:33:38

John Maddock wrote:
> Since the filesystem update I'm seeing:
>
> quickbook.quickbook-to-boostbook
> ../../../bin.v2/libs/math/doc/gcc/debug/math.xml
> Error: filesystem::default_name_check_writable
>
> when trying to build quickbook docs from cygwin.
>
> Looks like quickbook is calling a deprecated filesystem function?

Indeed. In the old filesystem lib, I had to globally turn off path
checking to get anything accomplished with path objects. Now, it looks
like path checking is separate from the path object (and there was much
rejoicing).

I've removed the (now superflous) offending code, and things seem to be
working again.

Thanks for the report.

--
Eric Niebler