From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-22 08:21:30

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" wrote in message

> This is one problem. Another problem is that, if somebody else also
> registers MPL types (which is quite likely due to its popularity), any
> attempt to use your libs together will result in compile errors due to
> double MPL registration.
>
> That's why I think only library authors should register their types. In
> case it's not possible (STL, for example) this is done by the typeof library
> itself.

Maybe It would be a good idea to think up a common format for library authors to
use, such as the name of the Header to include to register the libraries types
with Typeof. Then It would be possible for someone other than the library
author to add the headers to the relevent libraries . It might be best to add
them as subdirectories of the typeof directory, so for example I would look for
a "boost/typeof/mpl/vector/register.hpp" header or some such and if not found
(ideallly!) write it and submit it with some suitable tests for placing in a
subdirectory of libs/typeof/test/..

[..]

> So that you can catch all of them at once instead of one-by-one, as the
> error messages arrive. Sounds reasonable.

In VC7.1 they dont always arrive in the first place ;-)

regards
Andy Little