From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-22 15:37:47

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" wrote

[...]

> I believe the registration of a library types should reside inside this
> library, and tested as a part of this library test.

And if they dont then come the problems. Whether they do or not I need to use
it. At least a common format for eg the header name and location in the
library-authors directories would help. I'm not expecting any other library
authors to add the typeof functionality that I need. I'm happy to do it myself,
but there needs to be a way to prevent multiple registrations. That means
specifying some common format for everyone to use.

>> > So that you can catch all of them at once instead of one-by-one, as the
>> > error messages arrive. Sounds reasonable.
>>
>> In VC7.1 they dont always arrive in the first place ;-)
>
> Don't we always get something like:
>
> "Type_not_registered_with_typeof_library=xxx<[a few hundred lines here]>" ?

Removing one type registration from my quantities library I stopped the
compilation at around 17000 lines of errror code.
Whatever was at the top of it was something to do with mpl::size_t<somenumber>.
which I had never heard of

 IOW No we dont ;-)

regards
Andy Little