From: Andrew Schweitzer (a.schweitzer.grps_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-27 16:28:20

*Maybe there should be a "run_forever" version of demuxer::run?
If I read the docs correctly, demuxer::run will exit if it has nothing
left to do. So if the last timer expires, run will exit. The next time a
timer is started demuxer::reset and demuxer::run must be called again or
nothing will happen. Is this correct? Could this happen for sockets as
well, if user never called a function like read or accept that will sit
there forever until something happens? For example, if a client problem
calls run, does an async connect, sends some data, but doesn't do a
read, then would run stop after the send completed? Or would run wait
for socket to be closed?

*It looks like deadline_timer objects need to be dynamically allocated,
right? It looks to me that when they destruct they stop themselves. I
think this means that there are two dynamic allocations per timer
started, one for the implementation and one for the "handle". Could this
be avoided? Not sure avoiding it is worth the trouble. In any case, this
probably needs to be documented.

*Since user must allocate each deadline_timer (assuming above correct),
then user must remember to toss them when timer completes. It might be
nice if this could be handled automatically.

*There aren't really unique IDs for timers, right? The address of the
timer object must be unique as long as the timer is running, but after
the timer completes it could be re-used for another timer, so that
doesn't seem like a great idea. Does anyone else think unique timer IDs
belong in the library? I'm not sure it's requirement, but most timer
code I've worked on has used a unique ID. It's not hard for the
application to provide this, but it is a bit more work.