From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-02 10:16:43

It's a new year, and now we really need to get these problems with
the regression testing system fixed. At least three test systems
aren't getting their results posted on the results page. Two of these
- Martin Wille and MetaComm - are extremely important to the health
of Boost.

The OSL3 and MetaComm testers seem to have uploaded incomplete .xml
files. OSL3.xml, for instance, contains only the contents of
comment.html and nothing else. The bjam log, however, gives more
information. I've appended the bjam failure to the end of the
message. My hunch is that the requirements for toolset::require-boost-
spirit-support aren't getting propagated correctly. Perhaps the OSL3
tester should be configured for Spirit 1.6.x, but that shouldn't
break testing completely, should it? As for MetaComm, I can only
speculate what's happening there. I'm guessing it's either (1) the
same problem that OSL3 is having, because MetaComm tests some
compilers that can't handle the new spirit (e.g., Borland, MSVC <=
7); or (2) process_jam_log is failing to build because of the i18n
changes in Filesystem.

The Martin Wille tester looks like it is submitting complete XML, but
its results pop in and out of existence. I don't even have a guess
about what's happening here.

Our testing has been broken for far to long. Let's fix it!

        Doug

boost-test(COMPILE) "property_map/property_map_cc" : "libs/
property_map/test/property_map_cc.cpp"
**** spirit 1.6x required to build library with this compiler ****
**** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!
build>libboost_serialization.a; toolset= gcc-2.95.3-linux variant=
debug ****
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/boost-
base.jam:1585: in find-compatible-subvariant
*** argument error
* rule split-target-subvariant ( target-var properties-var toolset-
var variant-var : subvariant )
* called with: ( sv-target sv-properties sv-toolset sv-variant : )
* missing argument subvariant
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/boost-
base.jam:2032:see definition of rule 'split-target-subvariant' being
called
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/boost-
base.jam:1654: in link-libraries
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/boost-
base.jam:1857: in generate-dependencies
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/boost-
base.jam:1964: in subvariant-target
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/boost-
base.jam:2057: in main-target
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/boost-
base.jam:1369: in declare-local-target
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/testing.jam:
64: in boost-test
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/testing.jam:
552: in run
../libs/ptr_container/test/Jamfile:12: in sc-test
../libs/ptr_container/test/Jamfile:45: in load-jamfiles
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/
allyourbase.jam:1764: in SubInclude
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/
allyourbase.jam:1352: in subinclude
Jamfile:48: in load-jamfiles
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/tools/build/v1/
bootstrap.jam:21: in boost-build
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/boost-build.jam:16: in
module scope