From: bwood (brass_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-03 18:29:29

This is a MIME encoded message.

--=_3f0e0c49c83392d8b196d771a4968e1c

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
>> You can eliminate performance implications by using a deep-copying
smart
>> pointer like the cow_ptr, which I previously posted.
>> Moreover, I wouldn't be surprise if the cow_ptr was able to out
perform the
>> boost pointer containers.

>I would. COW doesn't have a good reputation.

I agree with Thorsten and will be interested in the results
of the tests. I think the ptr_containers need more work,
but I don't think they should be replaced because something
might be better. If an alternative proves to be better and
is adopted by people, the ptr_containers will not be used
and will be a footnote in history. In the meantime I think
the competition between approaches is interesting.

Brian
www.webEbenezer.net

--=_3f0e0c49c83392d8b196d771a4968e1c--