From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-18 12:14:01

It is a pleasure for me to announce the availability of a preview
version of Boost.MultiIndex as planned for shipping with
Boost 1.34, downloadable at the Vault:

http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Containers

(file multi_index.zip)

This version includes several important new features:

* New random access indices, which behave like sequenced indices
with the added benefit of random access semantics.
* Rearrange facilities in sequenced and random access indices,
allowing for interoperability with external mutating algorithms. This is

IMHO an important feature that can open up new usage scenarios
for Boost.MultiIndex.
* Several optimizations, of which the most important one relates to
ordered indices headers, which are now 4 bytes shorter (on 32 bit
systems): this optimization also leads to better performance for
large numbers of elements.

All in all, the upgrade is very extensive, so I'd appreciate if you
test if for backwards compatibility even if you don't plan to use
the new features. Additionally, I'd greatly welcome receiving
any kind of feedback on the new stuff, the docs (which has been
restructured and expanded) and whatever aspect you might think
can be improved.

I plan to commit this new version to the CVS in a couple of
weeks or so, so if you have any comments please bring them here
now! Thanks very much for your interest in the library,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo