From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-31 18:10:59

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:26:29 -0500
"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It's all good and interesting but would you prefer minimal testing
> component? You stuck with a single BOOST_CHECK tool and couldn't
> figure out why particular assertion fails. You could use debugger but
> using BOOST_CHEKK_EQUAL would give you much more change to figure it
> you quicker without one.

Without a doubt, Boost.Test singlehandedly eliminated one of my biggest
objections to test-first coding. I still don't do it near as much as I
would like, but Boost.Test surely eliminated one of my biggest
obstacles.

I really like what it provide.

However... I still can't figure out how to use the macro that checks
equivalence between floating point numbers. The interface is just too
strange, and the docs are not very clear.

I played around with it for a while, and then just stopped trying to use
it. That's really my biggest complaint with the test library (so, it
can't be too bad for me at least ;-).