From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 02:54:08

Joe Mariadassou wrote:
> Configuration: Pocket PC 2003, Boost 1.32.0, Visual Studio 2005
>
> Serialization does not work with WinCE, as <locale> is not present. Is
> there a work around or has it been fixed in a later release?
> I have rejoined this group after a few years and I am not if this
> issue has been addressed. Googling on Boost mailing lists drew a blank
> on this subject.
> Any pointers or help in this regard highly appreciated.

You may try to use STLport instead of STL shipped with VC++ 2005.
STLport provides better support of STL features for Windows CE.
I use it even under eVC 4.0 and some of Boost libraries work
too for me ;-)
Take a look at this: http://tinyurl.com/eysea

As I see, <locale> is only not supported by eVC++ 3.0, but eVC++ 4.0
seems to support it. S, I can assume it will work with VC++ 2005 for you.

Cheers

--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net