From: Martin Bonner (martin.bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 04:40:59

From: David Maisonave
> The poll results were suprising.
I was responding specifically to the implication that it was suprising
that the percentages added to >100%.

> I would have thought by now there
> would be more developers using 7.1/8.0 than 6.0.
> If Boost decides to stop supporting VC++ 6.0, or reduce support, than
> they're going to exclude at lot of developers.

Not really. Changing boost library version is probably less painful
than changing compiler version, but I wouldn't do either without
compelling reason.

VC6 users can use boost 1.33.1 (or perhaps even 1.34), and that isn't
going to suddenly stop working just because 1.35 doesn't support VC6.

Remember that although most developers are using 6.0, they are almost
certainly using it on projects which are in maintenance mode.

--
Martin Bonner
Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden]