From: Nigel Stewart (ns_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 12:47:41

>> IMHO, the help documents waist too much space in giving details that
>> really don't help the average user to figure out how to use an
>> interface.
>
> A potential new user needs a way to find out what exactly is in boost.

I agree, the boost documentation is serves well as reference
information, but is too detailed to be approachable to a new
user.

I would suggest something more problem-oriented, perhaps a collection
of case studies that illustrate how boost can be applied to specific
problems. (The Boost Cookbook?) With links back into the detailed
reference material.

What comes to my mind are the Graphics Gems books - collections of
self-contained articles that address specific problem domains.

Nigel