From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 16:54:46

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> "Paul Giaccone" <paulg_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
>> "Essentially, Boost needs to sell itself as something that no C++
>> programmer would want to be without. Think how the adman would write it:
>> "C++ getting you down? Spending hours tracking down that memory leak?
>> Then try Boost! It will change your life!" Well, maybe not, but
>> something along these lines would certainly go a long way to showing why
>> anyone should be using Boost.
>
> While I completely agree, I can't help but mention that people fluent in
> this kind of language

What kind of language ? Do you mean writing correct English ? If one's
primary language is not English I can well understand this, but if one's
primary language is English it is that person's own fault that he/she
can not write English well enough to be understood by others.

Being very fluent in English myself, I have volunteered in the past to
help other Boost developers write better English but since no one has
ever taken me up on it, I do not think it is acceptable to claim that
the inability to write English is a stumbling block to writing decent
documentation.

> are rarely found among those involved into open source
> development :-)

Perhaps those people should then try to educate themselves more. Is it a
goal of open source developers, whose primary language is English, to be
proud of the fact that they can write excellent code but can not
communicate effectively in their own language ?