From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 19:21:15

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> We definitely need to know what's happening here. If Boost.Test is
>> going to drop VC6 support, that's fine, but we need to know sooner
>> rather than later. I have several libraries that will need to move to
>> another testing infrastructure if Boost.Test drops support for older
>> compilers.
>
> That's the crux of things isn't it? If Boost.Test drops support for older
> compilers then none of us can test our libraries with those compilers
> unless
> we reinvent Boost.Test like functionality.
> Again I'd like add that I'd like this support retained, even if it's just

Ok Lets spell it out.

1. Which compiler should be considerred old/depricated/half supported?
2. What kind of minimal support is assumed?
3. Is there a timeframe where this situation will stay like this:
essencially how longer there will be at least one Boost developer interestd
in running test on one of the compilers mentioned in 1.
4. Until compiler is completely dropped it's required that somebody will run
regression tests for this compiler. Otherwise how would I know this
configuration still works. So who is gonna run regression tests for
compilers specified in 1?

Once these point cleared I a mhfully ready to comply with the plan.

> minimal legacy support (forwarding to a bunch of VC6 specific headers that
> don't get any new functionality or bug fixes).

Why dont you do it yourself? Just point onto installed 1.33.1 Location when
you want to test against dropped compiler?

> John.

Gennadiy