From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-03 09:23:05

Nigel Stewart <ns_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> A short while ago we created the position of Boost Documentation
>> Wizard to help address this issue
>> (http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2005/09/93946.php),
>> (http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2005/10/96025.php).
>> Unfortunately, I think Rob Stewart just became too busy to make the
>> contribution he wanted to. Perhaps you'd like to step up?
>
> If Rob Stewart is agreeable, perhaps the position could
> be re advertised?

It was never advertised in the first place; the moderators solicited
Rob's help because he was offering excellent detailed critiques of
documentation on a regular basis. Now I wonder if it wouldn't have
been better to have left him doing what he did very well -- and had
time for -- and tried to get someone else to manage the whole process.
There's nothing like asking too much of a person to turn a great
volunteer contribution into no contribution. Or maybe his absence has
nothing to do with that at all. I don't know what Rob thinks about
the future of this position; I'll ask him.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting