From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-03 10:01:02

"Paul A Bristow" <pbristow_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Well this is the method of access suggested in the Boost docs!
>
> Are you telling me this is no longer available?

Yes, it has been disabled for a long while, because the sourceforge
server that provides the nightly CVS tarballs that I try to mirror
routinely refuses the connection. I just tried again, and it still
happens.

> In order to help with the documentation and examples, I'm trying to
> get Gennadiy's latest and greatest updates to the Boost.Test library
> (only). There are quite a lot of files, so using the web browser
> doesn't seem practical.
>
> Please can you suggest how I can achieve this.

Use pserver access from sourceforge, or use some kind of spidering
software to walk through and collect the relevant parts of
http://boost-consulting.com/boost, or download the snapshot tarball
from http://boost-consulting.com/boost.tar.bzw

I'm out of other ideas; as long as SF's pserver access is broken, all
we can do is wait for the change to OSL-supported SVN.

> Is it that I (we - actually his team is five people) need username
> and passwords?

Usernames and passwords would get you ssh access, which is more
reliable than pserver access.

> Probably we don't need write access.

We don't have a reasonable way of giving you ssh access without write
permission.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting