From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-03 21:12:51

Sebastian Redl wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>

>>Even if the run-time reflection system is generating code?
>>The boundaries are a lot more fluid than you probably imagine.
>>

> That, however, means integrating a (mostly) complete C++ compiler or
> interpreter into the reflection library (mostly in that it can
> interpret/compile an intermediate form instead of real source).
> Complexity and licensing aside, a compiler is also inherently
> unportable. It would be a fascinating project, to be sure, but vast.

<shameless.plug>
   What better introduction could I ask for to advertise the
   synopsis project (http://synopsis.fresco.org) ? :-)

   While It is far from perfect, it already supports a number of
   interesting features that border at introspection (i.e. it generates
   various code representations such as parse tree, symbol table, etc.

   I would very much appreciate help to work on the missing aspects to
   complete various analysis passes (inclusive the C++ parser rewrite
   I'm currently working on).

   I'm not quite sure what 'inherent' portability issues you anticipate.
   The framework is written in (std) C++ and python, and the parser
   itself in pure C++.
</shameless.plug>

Regards,
                Stefan