From: Timothy Ritchey (tritchey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-08 11:11:08

Application: Paragent Manage 2.1
Company: Paragent

Paragent Manage is a Desktop Management Application that uses a
lightweight agent written in C++. Unlike traditional desktop management
solutions, Paragent Manage avoids the complexity and cost of servers by
using peer-to-peer communication between agents and the administrative
console. This allows real-time inventory searching, alerting and
software auditing in an easy-to-deploy and maintain package.

Boost Usage:
We have used boost extensively throughout our agent, including:

threads
shared_ptr
bind
spirit
date_time
algorithm
multi_index
filesystem

Apart from some read_write_mutex issues we had, boost has been a
seamless part of our development, and has allowed us to develop and
deploy a very complex, highly threaded networking agent with a built-in
lisp-like xml-based scripting language all done in C++. Our entire
development team would like to thank everyone for their hard work on
behalf of C++ coders everywhere.