From: Alexei Alexandrov (alexei1.alexandrov2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-12 13:51:43

Hi Sebastian Redl, you wrote:

> Non-native wchar_t issues aside (I'm not sure of the rationale here), if
> the compiler is, as you say, new, then it should have an intrinsic
> wchar_t, and failure to get it working is either misconfiguration of the
> compiler (VC++, for example, needs a compiler switch to activate
> intrinsic wchar_t) or misconfiguration in the Boost config.hpp.

My problem is that STL is old and its pre-compiled parts (with pre-compiled specializations for basic_string<wchar_t> etc.) know nothing about native wchar_t. So if I pass that compiler switch I'll get a bunch of linker errors. As expected. This is why I need to get it working with "unsigned short" wchar_t.

--
Alexei Alexandrov