From: Zara (yozara_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-14 01:42:15

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:11:25 +0100, Nicola Musatti
<Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden]> wrote:
<snip>
>As a stopgap measure I created the bcbboost project in SourceForge to
>collect patches against Boost 1.33.1 that make it possible to use Boost
>with BCB 2006. Right now there's only the minimum necessary to build the
>libraries to the same level as BCB6. I kind of hope that some of those
>interested will rather join forces than repeat the same steps over and
>over each on their own.

<snip>
>Cheers,
>Nicola Musatti

Hi all,

I am helping Niciola in his effort, and I have already compiled
<libst/config/test/config_test.cpp>, by changing one line in
<boost/config/user.hpp>, it now looks:
#define BOOST_COMPILER_CONFIG
<boost/config/compiler/borland_5_8_1_hpp>

And the starting with an empty compiler configuration, I have been
able to detect that the following defines are needed:
BOOST_NO_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ORDERING
BOOST_BCB_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION_BUG
BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_NESTED_DERIVATIONS
BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT
BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS
BOOST_NO_PRIVATE_IN_AGGREGATE
BOOST_NO_SFINAE
BOOST_FUNCTION_SCOPE_USING_DECLARATION_BREAKS_ADL
BOOST_NO_USING_DECLARATION_OVERLOADS_FROM_TYEPNAME_BASE
BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE

The first interesting result is that BDS2006 contains both a
conforming and a non-conforming swprintf. The non-conforming one is
located in <stdio.h>, and it is the reason for previous versions of
BCB to #define BOOST_NO_SWPRINTF.

But with the inclusion of dinkumware library, ther is a conforming
swprintf in <wchar.h>. But to get it to wotk, you must include
<wchar.h> before <stdio.h>, so I have been forced to change
<libs/config/test/boost_no_swprintf.ipp> to change the inclusion
order.

So I feel I must submit this improvement to BOOST, just in case this
header ordering is important to be taken into account for future
releases.

Best regards,

Zara