From: Fred Bertsch (fred.bertsch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-15 18:41:37

> I see a need to define the official Boost time management functions for
> Thread/Processes. boost::xtime was supposed to be a temporary solution.
> Is Boost.DateTime the way to go? I think that it would be useful to
> decide it before Shmem is released.

I would vote for using Boost.DateTime. It would be unfortunate to add
a dependency between Shmem and DateTime, but I believe that
Boost.Threads is supposed to be a temporary solution, and increasing
the dependence on Threads may be worse than creating the dependence on
DateTime.

Having said that, I suspect that it wouldn't matter all that much to a
user until Boost.Threads is changed.

-Fred