From: Beth Jacobson (bethj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-18 15:46:23

Rene Rivera wrote:
> What I'm doing now is
> making an XML dataset of the libraries, to read in and display. The idea
> being that an XML file is easier for others to maintain than poking at
> MySQL directly (small example attached). Another benefit is that such a
> file could be used by others outside of Boost, possibly even for what
> you mention below.

Looks good Rene, and I agree that XML is the way to go here.

How would you feel about adding another element, describing the needed
skill set for using the library? There would be three choices:
"standard", "generic", and "metaprogromming". It would be helpful for
people who don't use the more advanced techniques to filter out
inappropriate libraries, and people looking specifically for tools for
those types of programming could find them more easily.