From: Martin Bonner (martin.bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-21 06:09:54

----Original Message----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Rene Rivera Sent:
14 February 2006 00:43 To: boost_at_[hidden]
Subject: Re: [boost] [website] Link styles.

> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> After some thought, and complaints from some, I've change the link
>> style of the new design to use colored links. It's a tyle similar
>> to the one I use in my blog, and although it is also similar to the
>> style use in Wikipedia there are some significant differences.
>>
>> So floodgates open for comments on this style. In particular if this
>> is an improvement or not? I'm particularly interested in visibility
>> issues. Are the links visible enough? Do they get in the way of
>> reading? etc.
>
> Oops I forgot to include the link again
> <http://boost.redshift-software.com/> :-\

I like the links, but ....

Could you increase the space between the "Get Boost" box and the
"Search" box? Or perhaps make the "Search" text be the same style as
"Get Boost". My initial reaction was that I had to do a search in order
to get boost (and I couldn't see why).

Actually, I think I would organize it as "Get Boost" and "Search Boost"
with the drop down having options "All Boost", "Documentation", and
"Mailing Lists".

(Actually, I think I'd like the links a slightly darker blue - but that
is very much a matter of taste)

--
Martin Bonner
Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden]