From: Andy Tompkins (atompkins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-22 10:45:34

< snip >

> By the way, by looking more carefully your interface, I didn't see how to
> have a reading access to the raw struct of the guid: attribute guid;;_data,
> more precisely, to the raw data pointer: guid::_data.elems. This reading
> access could be useful for low level access. Does that make sense?

This does make sense. I have added a constructor to initialize from raw data:

template <ByteInputIterator>
guid(ByteInputIterator first, ByteInputIterator last);

and a function to get out the raw bytes:

template <ByteOutputIterator>
void output_bytes(ByteOutputIterator out) {
  std::copy(data_.begin(), data_.end(), out);
}

Is output_bytes what you are looking for?

Andy.