From: Richard Corden (richard.corden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-23 05:05:19

John Maddock wrote:
> OK, I see the issue: there is a cyclic dependency, however all the other
> compilers for which we can implement is_abstract we also define
> BOOST_TT_HAS_CONFORMING_IS_CLASS_IMPLEMENTATION which neatly avoids the
> cyclic dependency.

This works perfectly. Thanks for the tip.

> I'm not sure how to fix this one except to advise you to
> try setting the above macro. Of course if your tool is available to third
> parties this may not be the ideal solution for them... ?

I am actually using boost to help ensure that our tool can first handle
100% compliant C++ (It amazes me how you guys can manage to keep the
code at such a high quality level). To do this I run the regression
tests without any compiler workarounds enabled.

When a third party uses our tools, they will use our tool in a way that
emulates their target compiler, and so will be using one of the existing
configurations.

Thank you for tracking this down for me.

Kind Regards,

Richard