From: Martin Bonner (martin.bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-23 09:30:46

----Original Message----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Andy Little Sent:
23 February 2006 13:50 To: boost_at_[hidden]
Subject: Re: [boost] [website] Libraries list FYI...

> "Rene Rivera" wrote
>
>> I have a "static" version of the libraries list which uses the
>> single XML data file:
>>
>> <http://boost.redshift-software.com/doc/libs>
>
> No doubt the web page has moved on... but the 'available' field
> looks like a bit like a date and somehow suggests the library
> was/will be available on that date. A good alternative word might
> be 'vintage' . Among other references the
> Shorter Oxford english dictionary defines vintage as:
>
> "
> Used with reference to the age or year of a good wine, usually
> connoting one of good or outstanding quality.
> "
>
> ... which seems to have a certain ring about it.

How about "First released"? The problem with "available" (and
"vintage") is that there is a hint that the library was LAST available
as of that release.

--
Martin Bonner
Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden]