From: Thorsten Ottosen (tottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-01 10:11:29

MB wrote:

> Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

>> no, it has been renamed to range_iterator and the former
range_iterator is now called mutable_iterator.

> But, range_iterator has already been specialized by
> range implementators.

right, that is why it is a breaking update.

>> Working on this an nearly done. Hopefully a short mini-review can be
>> made so to put it in this release. The above would be wriiten (I think)
>>
>> namspace br = boost::ranges;
>>
>> br::copy( a_rng | br::filtered( is_even() ), out );
>

> Nicely!
> Range revolution has begun! :-)
>
> I wonder why the current version that works enough
> must be changed with pains, when you are making the new striking
range library.

well, it is always unfortunate when the design is not optimal in the
first version of a library, but I guess that is just life.

something along the follwing might work:

find . -name "*.cpp" | xargs sed -e --in-place
"s/range_iterator</mutable_iterator</"

find . -name "*.cpp" | xargs sed -e --in-place
"s/range_result_iterator</range_iterator</"

etc

-Thorsten

BTW: please use your real name when posting