From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-01 12:33:30

Stefan Roiser wrote:
> On 30 Jan 2006, at 16:13, Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> Stefan Roiser wrote:

>>> [...]
>>> For the *nix world the library and tools should be buildable with the
>>> attached autotools. For windows I will upload a VC71 solutions
>>> file to
>>> the web page.
>> I look forward to seeing this for Windows.
>>

> I have uploaded a VC71 project solution file to the web page at
>
> http://seal-reflex.web.cern.ch/seal-reflex/releases.html
>
> This should build a Reflex.dll. Sorry for the delay but I first had
> to find a way how to export the symbols (this is done with our build
> tools by default). The solution now is to export every symbol. This
> is too much and I probably should do something similar like boost
> choosing the proper set of symbols with the decl_export/import for
> windows.
>
> To produce dictionary sources you will need to do
>
> python python/genreflex/genreflex.py MyHeader.h --gccxmlpath=c:/my/
> path/to/gccxml/bin
>
> and then compile the resulting MyHeader_rflx.cpp into a shareable
> library and dynamically load it into your application (no symbols
> need to be exported).
>
> If you discover problems please let me know.

Thanks, I have it and will be looking at it. I also encourage you to put
the information about this on your web site for other VC++ developers to
use also in order to try Reflex on Windows. I am very much interested in
a C++ run-time reflection system and, after I have worked with Reflex
will gladly communicate my ideas.