From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-14 02:11:10

Hi again Markus,

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz ha escrito:

> Two static "instance" objects are created in each translation
> unit, which is obviously a bug in the compiler.
> I've been reading the following:
>
> http://nf.apac.edu.au/facilities/software/CXX/ugutmpl.htm
>
> and looks like the bizarre template instantiation model
> of Compaq C++ would allow us to:

[...]

Now, rereading the document above, I realize that you're using
the -timplicit_local template instantiation option, which "instantiate templates
automatically, placing them in the output object with internal linkage", except
for manually instantiated templates. My question is, why are you
using such an option? Seems like the default -pt, as well as other options
which guarantee external linkage, like -tused, -tall, etc. should work
equally well. If you need to retain -timplicit_local for some reason, I
can try to adjust the Jamfile for test_serialization so as to inhibit
that option in this particular case.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo