From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-14 17:20:02

"Caleb Epstein" <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I've recently wondered why std::copy doesn't have an analogous std::copy_if:
>
> template<class InIt, class OutIt, class Pr>
> OutIt *copy_if*(InIt first, InIt last, OutIt dest, Pr pred);
>

> that would copy elements to dest where the predicate returns true. Not
> unlike "grep" in Perl and "filter" in Python.
>
> The same goal can be achieved with std::remove_copy_if and the use of a
> sense-reversed predicate, but this leads to confusing code IMHO.
>
> Why wouldn't this be part of the Standard Library, or am I missing something
> ridiculously obvious?

This is the wrong forum for this question. Please take it to an
appropriate mailing list or newsgroup, such as c.l.c++.m

I don't see why anyone would knowingly start a thread with [off-topic]
in the subject line.

http://boost.org/more/discussion_policy.htm:

  Off-topic posts

  Discussions which stray from the acceptable topics are strongly
  discouraged. While off-topic posts are often well meaning and not as
  individually corrosive as other abuses, cumulatively the distraction
  damages the effectiveness of discussion.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting